.AMR - MIME 'AMR file storage format'
.COD - 3GPP 'AMR interface format 2'
- There are more than one incompatible file format that use the same AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate) compression algorithm.
The program will correctly decode files containing a mix of 'frames' of different bit-rates. However, it will only encode files using a constant bit-rate.
- .AMR files follows the MIME 'AMR file storage format'. This format can be auto-detected.
- .COD files follows the 3GPP 'AMR interface format 2'. This format can not be auto-detected, which means that you must use this file extension to get the program to recognize them.
- .3GP, .3G2 and .MOV files can also contain AMR data; Read more here.
Required 3rd party software:
- In order to read or write AMR or COD files you need to install the 'AMR.dll' add-on file. You will find it on our web site. Simply copy the .dll file to the same directory where you installed the program. You'll find it here...
- 4.75, 5.15, 5.9, 6.7, 7.4, 7.95, 10.2, or 12.2.kbit/s compressed, mono, 8 kHz.