.EMY - EMelody Ericsson mobile ring-tone format
Notes on saving files:
- You have the choice of saving to the full EMelody format (3 octaves, whole, half, quarter and eight notes supported), or to a more limited 'simple' sub-set (2 octaves, half and eight notes only). The full format should work with never Ericsson EMS and MMS capable phones. Simple sub-set can be opened in a normal text editor and then copied manually to older Ericsson phones.
- Only the first track containing any notes is used, and from that track notes are only considered if they have the same MIDI channel as the first note encountered. Note that for better control over what is saved, instead of saving the 'song' item, you can select a single track (e.g. containing the lead melody), and save that!
- When multiple notes falls within the same period of time, only the highest note is used - producing a monophonic output.
- Notes outside the supported range of the output format are completely ignored.
- Note and rest lengths are rounded to the nearest supported length.