.PCG - Korg M50 program bank file
The PCG file must always be accompanied by a KSC file of the same name, listing the KMP and KSF files that needs to be loaded to use the programs in the PCG.
When writing M50 PCG files, note that:
- A maximum of two simultaneously sounding layers per program is available, each assigned to an 'oscillator'. However, each oscillator can have up to four velocity-switched multisamples/layers. For drum sets, only a single 'oscillator' is available, but each key can have up to four velocity switched samples.
- When writing files, the program will try to create velocity switched multisamples, but it can only do so if the layers are sorted in order of increasing or decreasing velocity, with all the regions in a layer having the same velocity range.
- Instruments with more layers than can be mapped to the oscillators will be split into multiple programs. You can then manually set them up as a 'combi' in your synth.
- When writing to "Bank A..E", the programs banks 0..4 will be mapped to the Korg banks UA - UE. When writing to "Bank C..E", the program banks 0..2 will be mapped to Korg Banks UC - UE.
- 8 / 16-bits, mono, loop, names, instruments, collection, multiple filter types, EQ, trigger type.