Awave Studio v.11.5
Audio Converter — Instrument Editor — Music Performer
Try the free shareware.
Buy the full version for €80 / $96.
Runs under: Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista.
Awards & Reviews…
Awave Studio is a multi-purpose audio tool that reads a veritable host of audio carrying file formats from different platforms, synthesizers, trackers, et c.
It can be used in a variety of ways — e.g. as a file format converter, as an audio editor, or as a synth instrument editor.
Screenshot of the main window
Here are just a few examples of common tasks:
- Convert between different audio and synthesizer file formats.
- Buy an instrument library and use Awave Studio to convert it to a format that your synth understands.
- Render MIDI songs to an audio clip using the built in high-quality software synthesizer.
- Do editing tasks such as resampling, fading in and out, normalizing amplitudes, applying effects, et c.
- Use it as an instrument editor for your synthesizer, sound card, or soft-synth / virtual instrument plug.
File formats galore:
Awave Studio can read almost any imaginable audio file format - in total around 300 formats.
→ See the complete file formats list!
Some synthesizers use disk formats and file systems that are not recognized by Windows. Many of these can still be read by the program by talking directly with the hardware.
→ See the list of special I/O formats!
Full support for up to 32-bit floating point sample data format guarantees that the highest audio quality is maintained during all conversion and audio processing operations.
The program does so many different things — this list is far from complete…
- Do conversions from the circa 300 audio related file formats that it can read (no kidding - you read that right!) into any of the ~140 audio file formats that it can write! No other software even comes close to such a wide format support! See the complete list.
- Read and write the instrument formats of many commercial synthesizers, hardware modules, as well as many popular software synths. This including formats from Akai, Ensoniq, Korg, Kurzweil, Roland, Yamaha, Native Instruments and many more. High quality conversion can be made between most formats - preserving important synthesis parameters.
- Read several disk formats that can not normally be accessed by Windows, including formats used by AKAI S-1000 CD's, AKAI S-3000 CD's, Roland S-5xx and S-7xx series CD's and floppy disks, Kurzweil "native" format CD's… See the complete list.
- Convert song data between several formats (e.g. you can convert MOD-tracker modules into MIDI-format accompanied by custom instruments).
- Convert your MIDI songs (with or without custom instruments) into audio clips with superior audio quality using the bult-in Awave Synthesizer (which can also be used for real-time auditioning of instruments).
- Convert melodies between different mobile phone ring signal formats (from simple monphonic beeper-songs, to current MP4 audio clips - and also including support for accurate emulation of the FM-instruments used by japanese phones using the Yamaha MA-chip series).
- Send or receive waveforms to professional synthesizers using standard SDS transfers over MIDI or really fast SMDI transfers over SCSI.
- Convert FM-synthesis (phase modulation synthesis) instruments into wavetable synthesis (sampling synthesis) instruments — with conversion support for all major Yamaha DX-series SysEx formats as well as PC Adlib file formats.
- A 'Batch Conversion Wizard' makes converting large numbers of audio files extremely simple - including optional effects processing.
- The 'Audio Processing Wizard' helps you with common editing tasks like resampling, fading, merging and combining waveforms, normalizing, time stretching, pitch scaling, smoothing, recombining, searching and replacing text, et c, et c. VST plug-ins are also supported opening up a world of 3rd party plug-ins. And you can process multiple waves as easily as a single one!
- The 'Instrument Processing Wizard' helps you avoid manually repetitive editing tasks for instruments.
- Up to 32-bit floating point data precision for mono and stereo data.
- Several studio quality resampling options are available.
- It is a fully featured DLS level 2+ and SoundFont 2 instrument editor. You can also use it as an editor for lots of other synths — for some, it is the only PC editor.
- Data is organized in an easy to use "two panes" layout — with a hierarchical instrument tree to the left, and a waveforms list to the right.
- Graphical editors for instrument parameters — e.g. the much applauded loop editor that let's you easily find the best loops.
- Audition (play & listen to) your instruments directly using the PC keyboard or an external MIDI keyboard.
- Record new waveforms using the Waveform Recording Wizard.
Ok, so what doesn't it do?
It does not convert from WAV to MIDI.
It can only do very basic MIDI editing (so look elsewhere for a good sequencer).
It won't handle more than 2 audio channels (so no 7.1 sound).
It needs to fit all sound data into memory (check out Awave Audio if you need a tool for converting huge multi-channel recordings).
If you are unsure — then why not download the free 30 day-trial version? Seeing is believing!
You can try almost all functionality — we don't hide any ugly surprises — we have confidence in our product!
The Awave Studio main window
The instrument layer overview tab
The layer keymap editor
The drum kit editor
The envelope editor
The waveform editor
The loop editor
The audio processing wizard - step 1
The audio processing wizard - step 2 (example)
The Batch Conversion Wizard - Step 0: Selecting batch type
The Batch Conversion Wizard - Step 1: Selecting input files
The Batch Conversion Wizard - Step 2: Selecting output options
Click on one of the links below to start downloading the 64-bit version:
Or click on one of the following to start downloading the 32-bit version:
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista.
Limitations of the Trial version
- 30-day trial time limit.
- After saving a file, you must restart before you can save again.
- You can save waveforms and single instruments, but not instrument collections.
Awave Studio is commercial software marketed as Shareware.
This means that you get to "try it before you buy it".
If you find that you like it and wish to continue using it past the 30 day free trial period, then you need to buy a license.
There's also more some incentives for buying it:
- Removes the "nag screen" and annoying reminders.
- Removes the "restart after each save" limit.
- Enables locked features — e.g. copy/paste, saving collections, batch conversion.
This page is for buying our product called Awave Studio.
Don't confuse it with our similarly named product Awave Audio.
Buy it on-line here:
Payments are handled by PayPal.
Most credit cards are accepted.
EU-customers: VAT will be added the price.
License and delivery terms:
After we have received your order, you will be sent an email containing a registration code.
This is your license key that unlocks the trial version into the full version.
Please note that the code is normally sent within 24 hours, but not immediately (also, do check your "spam" or "junk" folders if you don't find it in your in-box).
What you buy is a "single user" license.
It is valid for the current program version, and for any minor version number updates (major version updates may require an upgrade fee).
You are allowed to install it on more than computer, but you are not allowed to "borrow" it to other persons. The license is personal and can not be transferred or resold.
Thank you for your order!
If everything went fine with the PayPal transaction, an email containing your reg-code and further instructions should arrive within the next 48 hours.
Please be patient, orders are manually verified before delivery. If you don't see an email, be sure to check you junk-mail folder before contacting support.
Awards & Reviews
More to come… :-)